Ingredients for the Salad:
- 1 ½ Cups Black Fox Brand Semi-brown Rice, rinsed
- 2 ½ Cups Water
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 (12oz) Bag Frozen Corn
- 1 (15.5oz) Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- Handful of Fresh Parsley or Cilantro, chopped
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- 3 Limes, juiced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Honey*
- 5 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Combine the rice, water, salt and pepper into a 9x9-inch square baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and place in a colander to rinse with cold water.
- Place the rice in a large bowl and toss in the corn, black beans, red onion, red pepper, and parsley; mix well.
- In a small mason jar combine all of the dressing ingredients; shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.