Rice Stuffing with Carnberries, Bacon, and Pecans
- 1 1/4 c. Black Fox Brand Rice (Semi-brown or White) uncooked
- 4 slices of Bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c. Onion Chopped
- 1 14oz. can of chicken broth
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 3/4 c. Dried cranberries
- 1/2 c. Pecans, chopped and toasted
- Rinse rice in cold water. Drain well; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium head until crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in saucepan.
- Drain bacon; set aside.
- Add onion to saucepan; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, water, sherry, and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in celery and dried cranberries.
- Heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Transfer rice mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 45-55 minute or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in pecans and bacon.