- In a 4-quart saucepan or rice cooker, add 1 cup of rice.
- Add cold water and swirl around in the pot to rinse rice. Pour off water and repeat until water is clear. drain well.
- Add 1 cup of water and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn on stove, cover pot with lid and bring water to a boil.
- Reduce head to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Do NOT remove lid.
- Remove from heat and let the rice cool.
- Fluff lightly with fork and serve.
(Water/rice rations vary depending on desired texture)
* Makes 4 servings