Loading... Please wait...

Milling Process

Posted

When rice leaves the field it is transported to the rice dryer where is it dried and stored. Rice at this stage is called paddy rice and the hull is still covering the rice grain.

img-6930.png1.png

Rice is then transported to the mill. When the hull is knocked off, 100% brown rice is left. Black Fox Brand offers a semi-brown rice where only 10% of the bran is removed, leaving a 90% whole grain that maintaings many of the health benefits of a whole grain but cooks quickly like white rice.

img-6928.png

When 100% of the bran is removed white rice is left.

img-6929.png


 

Recent Updates

  • Certified Organic

    We are excited to announce that we will now have Certified Organic Black Fox …

  • 2016 Harvest Photos

    2016 Rice Harvest is officially completed. Enjoy some of the photos we …

  • Winter Projects

    Now that our 2016 Harvest is complete we are participating in winter projects …

Newsletter